Thursday, February 1, 2018

Sweet Friends

Pictured left to right, Barbara (Miriam's sister) me and Miriam. About a year ago Miriam and Rebecca started coming to our apartment on Monday nights to help me with Portuguese and I to help them with their English. Mostly we just did a lot visiting. Miriam moved to Rio de Janeiro and after my fall I had to cancel our meetings until I healed and it turned out to take a lot longer than I expected so we just got out of the habit of meeting. So it had been since last August I had seen Miriam. Al and I decided one afternoon to try out the Subway they have here in Tatui. As we walked up to the doors, Miriam came bursting out and threw her arms around me. She and her sister were in Tatui for a couple of days for a visit. Miriam and Barbara came to our apartment the next afternoon and spent a few hours visiting. It was so fun to see them. Miriam owns a little ranch outside Tatui where she cares for rescued animals. She has at this time 75! A neighbor cares for them since she has moved but her mother and brother will be moving to Tatui soon from Sao Paulo and they will take over caring for all the animals.

No comments:

Post a Comment